OUR UNIFORM SUPPLIER IS: FELIX, 37 BEACH ROAD, LITTLEHAMPTON BN17 5JA
UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS 2016-17
Our uniform is designed to look smart and create a purposeful work ethic amongst all our students. It provides a positive image within the community and encourages a sense of identity, pride and belonging. Parents/carers are requested to support our partnership by ensuring their children follow all the uniform requirements detailed below and by labelling all items with their child's name. By making our uniform requirements explicit we hope to convey our expectations clearly and look forward to the support of our students and their families.
Every student must wear:
- a black blazer with the TLA logo
- a TLA tie
- a white shirt (long or short sleeved) tucked into trousers or a TLA skirt and with the top button done up
- black, tailored trousers OR a black, tailored TLA skirt
- plain black or white socks OR plain black or neutral-coloured tights (students must not wear both)
- plain black shoes with flat or low heels (slip-ons, lace-ups or velcro-fastenings are permitted). Students who arrive in incorrect footwear will be required to exchange it for a pair of Academy plimsolls for the day.
During cold weather students may also wear:
- a plain white t-shirt or vest under the shirt
- a plain black V-neck jumper under the blazer (second half of Autumn Term and Spring Term only)
- plain black boots with flat or low heels - these can only be worn with trousers and must fit under the trouser leg
- any outdoor coat - No scarves or coats are to be worn indoors or during lessons
Items which are not permitted include:
- fitted blouses with a revere collar
- tight-fitting or skinny trousers; black jeans; leggings
- skirts above the knee; tight-fitting skirts; skirts made from stretch fabric
- patterned socks; socks in any colour other than black or white
- patterned tights; tights in any colour other than black or neutral
- plimsolls; canvas shoes, trainers; shoes with logos or patterns; shoes in any colour other than black
- t-shirts or vests in any colour other than white
- trousers tucked into boots or socks; boots worn with a skirt
PE KIT (Boys and Girls)
- short-sleeved TLA polo shirt
- long-sleeved TLA games shirt
- black shorts
- plain black tracksuit bottoms (no logos)
- white sports socks and black football socks
- football boots, shin pads and gum shield
- white or black trainers providing support and grip (no plimsolls or extremes of fashion)
- TLA waterproof rain jacket
- hair band for tying back long hair
JEWELLERY A watch and one stud earring in each earlobe may be worn. The stud must be smaller than a penny. Earlobe extenders, plugs or tubes are not allowed. Inappropriate jewellery may be confiscated by staff and returned at the end of the day.
BELTS A plain black belt no wider than 4cm may be worn
PIERCINGS No facial piercings or tongue studs of any type are permitted, including plastic ones. Local piercing shops are aware of the Academy policy.
MAKE-UP In Years 7 and 8 make-up must not be worn. In other Year Groups it must be minimal and visually discreet. Nail varnish is not permitted in any Year Group, nor false nails.
HAIRSTYLES A wide variety of hairstyles is permissible, but they should be smart and appropriate for a school setting.
Those styles deemed to be extreme or inappropriate are not permitted, on the grounds that they represent an unacceptable image of the school, for example skinhead, punk and Mohican. This also includes bleached hair, extremes in colour (or unnatural colour), and substantial differences in length, e.g. long hair bordering shaved hair. Razor cuts or shaved heads forming patterns to the scalp also come into this category.
Very short haircut with graded clippers must always be grade one or above in length. Lines, patterns, symbols or words cut into hair are not acceptable. Hair should be kept clean and tidy and long hair should be tied back for all practical and sports activities for health and safety reasons.
This policy applies to all students in the school, from Year 7 to Year 13.
Students who choose to colour their hair or adopt extreme styles during the holidays should ensure that they leave plenty of time to grow the style and colouring out in time for the start of term.
BAGS All students need a bag large enough to carry equipment, a PE kit and school books/folders of A4 size. Pens, pencils, coloured pencils and a scientific calculator are required.
Students who do not comply with uniform requirements may be sent home to change or will work in isolation. If you are unsure about any item please contact your child's Chapter Office for advice.