Keeping our students safe
‘Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, every day’.
To view our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy please click here
At The Littlehampton Academy, our first and foremost priority is to keep our students safe and healthy. Under the new OFSTED framework safeguarding is a key indicator of what constitutes a good school. Keeping our students safe means:
- Prioritising the health and safety of all our students
- Making sure that the adults who work here have undergone safety and security checks
- Protecting our students from deliberate harm
- Being an anti-bullying school
- Being proactive against racist and other prejudiced behaviour
- Being proactive against attempts to indoctrinate our students into forms of extreme ideology through radicalisation, extremism or terrorism
- Protecting our students from harassment and discrimination
- Ensuring a positive approach to behaviour management
- Meeting the needs of students with medical conditions
- Providing first aid
- Protecting our students from drug and substance abuse
- Ensuring students enjoy safe educational visits
- Caring for students' personal needs
- Keeping our students safe when using the internet and making sure they are aware of cyber bullying and e-safety
- Making sure our school site is secure and safe
- Ensuring students know who to go in school if they have a problem
- Being a "listening school"
- Maintaining an attitude of "it could happen here"
The safety, health and wellbeing of all our students is our number one priority.