A2/AS Results August 2016
At A2 (Year 13 final year of Sixth Form) the proportion of students achieving A*-B this year is 40%, an improvement of 4% from last year’s already strong results. The overall pass rate for students entered is 100%, an excellent result. This success was also repeated in the vocational BTEC courses, with sixteen students gaining the coveted ‘Distinction starred’ grade (D*).
Some particular success stories are:
- Rosie Reader who gained 4 A*s and one grade A at A Level; she will taking up a place to study Biomedical Engineering at Imperial College, London.
- Isabelle Munro who gained 3A*s and one A grade, including her Extended Project Qualification. Isabelle is off to read medicine at University College, London.
- Alicia Jolly, Lucy Hubbard, Jack Piper and Callum Tucker all achieved 2A*s and one A grade
At AS (Year 12, first year of Sixth Form), results are also improving at TLA: this year 34% of students achieved the top grades of A-B, a 5% improvement on last year.
Some success stories from Year 12 (AS results) are:
- Frank Nightingale who achieved 5 grade A.
- Will Lloyd who achieved three grade A.
- Emily Hughes achieved three grade A and a B.
- Lucy Hellen who achieved three grade A and a C.
“Our Sixth Form is already strong and these latest results show that we continue to improve. We are extremely proud of our students who have worked very hard this year and they are now being rewarded for their efforts. I would like to thank our staff and parents for the huge amount of hard work that has made this possible.” Morgan Thomas, Principal
“We are delighted with these excellent results which reflect the hard work and commitment that our students, ably supported by their teachers and parents, have put into their studies. We are so pleased that they are now able to go on to their chosen careers or university courses.” Kate Claydon, Assistant Principal, Director of Learning KS5