The Littlehampton Academy sets the students committed to its care the highest standards in terms of their behaviour, conduct, attitude, uniform and ultimately achievement.
The behaviour framework at the Academy is based on one simple principle:
“Be in the right place, doing the right thing, at the right time.”
This is underpinned by the Student Code of Conduct:
Arrive ready to learn
- Be on time to lessons, registration and activities.
- Make sure you’ve had breakfast and a good night’s sleep.
- Be in full uniform, looking smart.
- Be fully equipped and prepared for lessons.
Follow staff directions – first time, every time
- Students will be treated with respect and courtesy
- Staff give directions to ensure the safety of students, to maintain good order and to ensure that teaching and learning is high quality. We expect these directions to be followed.
Treat everyone with respect, including yourself
- Swearing, offensive language and bullying will not be tolerated.
- Be courteous and polite, and expect good manners from others.
- Don’t disrupt other people’s learning, or your own.
Look after the TLA environment and other people’s property
- Take care of the buildings, resources, equipment and grounds.
- Use the designated areas for eating and drinking; there should be no food or drink in classrooms.
- Be prepared to clear up after yourself.
Set high personal standards
- Set yourself worthwhile challenges and work hard to achieve them.
- Be prepared to go above and beyond expectations – in class and elsewhere.
- Give yourself the best possible life chances by using the full resources of TLA.
Please see our Choices and Consequences in the Page Downloads above.